How To Disable Windows Defender on Windows 7 & 8?
Windows Defender Introduction
This free security suite for Windows was finally introduced in 2009 by Microsoft. Nowadays, it's known as a fully integrated part of Windows. It was an anti-spyware program built to fight illegal and unauthorized access and keep Windows computers protected from unwanted and unnecessary software.
Windows Defender is an every time free program that Microsoft includes with Windows 7,8 and more, which help you protect your computer from spyware, viruses and other malware like malicious software that keeps trying to harm your device.
Windows Defender was earlier known as Microsoft Anti-Spyware. It was introduced with the Windows Vista installation pack; it is now available for free download as part of Microsoft Security Essentials.
Windows Defender tends to turn on by default when you first start up your Windows 7 or 8, but it can be turned off.
However, antivirus programs don't like being installed on the same system that can confuse your computer program.
Steps to disable Windows Defender on Windows 7 & 8
When you start installing another antivirus program on your Windows computer, you will have to turn off this Windows Defender. If you want to disable Windows Defender on Windows 7 & 8, follow the steps given below:
1. Tap on the Start button, which is located in the lower left corner of your computer screen.
2. As soon as the Windows menu appears, you will need to type “windows defender” in the search bar.
3. Tap on the Windows Defender that will pop up in the search results under the Control Panel heading.
4. Now the Windows Defender interface will come up. Tap on the Tools button. You will find it near the top of the window.
5. Here you need to tap on the Options link on the Tools and Settings screen.
6. Then select the Administrator option. You may find it near the left menu pane.
7. Now you need to remove the checkmark indicating Use This Program.
8. Removing check will instantly turn off Windows Defender. You can repeat these steps to activate it again any time you want.
We hope that this article will help you know more about Windows Defender and learn how you can disable it on Windows 7 & 8.